Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So here it is--this is Melanie. Kurt started this blog a year or two ago, made the background black and then never posted anything again. It was a good try. I have recently had many friends and family members talk about all the great things they enjoy about blogs and I have started reading a few myself. I love to read other peoples blogs but it makes me feel really weird to just write out to this big unknown void. Like who am I writing to right now??

My younger sisters will tease me because I am kind of old--school and dip into these innovative trends very slowly. I have to feel it out, question my motives, weigh out it's benifits. I certainly don't plan for this to be a clever or elegant blog like so many I've recently seen (I'm sure I have talents but they will not show on this screen) so then I'm kind of like....hmmm this might not be fun enough for anyone to want to read...so then really who am I writing this to??

I figured in the end I won't worry about the who's. My biggest hope in attempting this blog is that in reflecting about what to write about, I will take greater note of the small but significant moments that make up the best part our life, and show more gratitude for them. That is what reading "your" blogs has done for me. Thanks! And happy blogging to "us" all.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I will read your blog religiously! Good to see you back online....

Gigi's Thimble said...

Well, I know that I will love reading about all the fun things you guys are doing these days - places you've been, fun parenting ideas, etc. You are inspiring to me in those ways (just naming a few there:) I'm glad you've started this blog. I already see lots of fun pictures! Thanks for sharing. I think you'll find that we stay in better touch this way.

Cammie said...

Wow! You are blogging again. Derek showed it to me last night. Good for you Mel!