Friday, April 23, 2010

China Report

My Cousin had to write a report about China and asked if he could send Kurt and I a survey with 18 or so questions. It took a bit of time to fill out, but it really got my wheels turning again about my experience overseas.

One question asked what I missed about living there. Mostly I miss the funny, random, and unexpected things you see EACH day.
A horse pulling a cart of watermelons on the busy city street, someone who has a love seat tied up to the back of their bicycle, a women hunched over a two foot straw broom sweeping the snow off the sidewalk, etc.

One thing I really miss is the Pizza Hut salad bar...but not because I like the selection there. I myself don't prefer that type of a salad but I enjoyed watching all the local costumers make their plates
. You might see three family members orchestrating the one time through salad bar at Pizza Hut ensuring their salad would reach four feet before returning to their table. I especially got laughing when I did a google search to see if I could find a photo example and came directly to this blog post.....it says it all.

http://sirhoe.blogspot.com/2006/02/how-to-eat-cheap-pizza-hut-salad.html

In case you don't make it that far I'll try to get one good photo



It's a bit of an exaggeration, but it will do!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I miss the random street food! And the Dai food restaurant. For some reason, I couldn't stop eating there!

Gigi's Thimble said...

O.K. I checked out that link and that is too funny! Wow - I would have never thought to get that much out of my dollar! Way to be creative people!!!!

How are you feeling? It's probably not time yet to find out what the gender is right?

blindblogger said...

Wow of all the things--Pizza Hut buffet! Very clever. It warmed my heart looking through your photos. I love the look on your faces in the kissing picture. I am so glad you have a blog. Tate loved looking at the photos and saying, "Owen, Wucy." Can't wait until we're neighbors again. Maybe in Singapore!!!!