Friday, September 10, 2010

Walk of Shame

Today Lucy, Owen and I were talking a stroll down the Bronx River Parkway trail and the kids had stopped to throw sticks in the river. Some of the Geese droppings looked pretty fresh so I warned Lucy and Owen to watch where they were walking. For some reason Owen actually took this warning seriously (finally :)) and was pretty careful for a while as he gathered sticks. But it was only a matter of time....

He finally hit one and I happened to see it--I kind of jovially said "Oh no, Owen stepped in the poop!) He immediately hung his head and slowly started walking towards me. He rested his forehead against my leg, arms still hanging down and stayed like that for minutes with out saying a word or cracking a smile even though I couldn't help but laugh like crazy. He was either embarrassed, SO ashamed or thought it was really gross...I'm not sure, but it was the best part of my day hands down!

Still no baby...but hopefully we'll have some news sometime this week. And eventually I want to post pictures of our new place, a few recent happenings and maybe I'll finally upload my photos from my familie's Over-the-Top Harry Potter Party 2010. It is starting to be a summer tradition.

12 comments:

Gigi's Thimble said...

What a cutie. That's a funny little story! I know if I started laughing like that at Maya (which I probably WOULD have) Maya would have gotten so offended and I would have definitely heard about it. Sounds like a sweet little moment. Good luck with your delivery. Can't wait to see pictures!

St. Julien's said...

I can just picture it:) So sweet Mel. Get those pics I am needing to have a picture in my mind of what your life looks like these days.

PS thanks for the the reminder that winter could be worse;) I will think if you whenever I am cursing the cold weather.

Denise said...

Ha. Awesome. You should have stepped in some to make him feel better!

The Harker's said...

Poor little Owen. He's just so adorable. I want to see baby! Tell him to hurry up.:) We might be going to the Ithaca Farmer's market for the first time today...Wish you we here to come with us.:(

Cobb Family said...

That's funny. We're sad we missed you when you came visiting, but we couldn't make it that night. Good luck with the new baby (hopefully coming soon).

Care said...

Oh, what a sweet boy! :o) I can just see it!

Sending "come baby come!" vibes your way!

Kristen Sheranian said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the baby! Hopefully the baby has come by now!

Jena said...

ah, so cute. I can't wait to see the next wee one enter your life!

Trina said...

So funny!

Congrats! I hear that you had your baby a few days ago! I can't wait to see him!
Miss you guys!

Jake said...

Poor Owen. I can imagine it all. CONGRATS on the new little one! Melissa announced it in the ward today. We miss you guys! B

Merkley Jiating said...

So where are the pictures of Van?! Don't try giving me excuses about relaxing or enjoying time with your new baby! I am excited to see him, pictures for now and hopefully real life later!

blindblogger said...

I'm dying to see pictures of the baby. I hope it all went okay.