Water Beds
The other day our downstairs neighbor was draining some water out of her “ancient” waterbed, looking for a leak. It brought me back to the day my brother and I got into my dad’s tackle box and poked dozens?? of wholes in my parents king sized water bed with fishing hooks. What were we thinking??…. I’ll tell you what I was thinking, ‘this is so cool to push this sharp thing into that thick but soft plastic so far down and slowly pull it out.’ I was 6 or 7 years old!! My parents had SO much patience! Then there was the time I snuck into my dad's room when he was napping and gave him a little hair cut "Melanie style" poor guy. I think of all the experimental concoctions my friends and I would make up with all the bathroom supplies or the time I dropped a 2 liter soda pop all over the kitchen floor, and I realize that WOW! Just because your kids aren't toddlers anymore doesn't mean things are smooth sailing from there. But I'm sure it will all be fun enough!

5 comments:
LOVE the picture! You got into quite alot of mischief huh? Isn't it crazy to think of what we put our parents through when we were young? We used to make fun of our mom for locking all the kids outside on cleaning day, but now that my sisters and I are moms, we can totally understand! Not that we would EVER do that now, but we can at least understand (and dream about what it would be like to clean a house without a million interuptions)!:)
I am so glad you blog! I had no idea this world is so big! Love all your posts and can't wait to keep reading more. Your family so adorable! Our kids should be best friends...why do we have to live so far away???
That's the best story ever. I would have lost it if I was your mother. They must have thought they peed the bed. You're so sneaky. We would have been great friends back then. And of course now ;)
My parents did get all wet. It was a big surprise during the night because the leakage was sooo slow. I'm so glad I could give them such a great memory...hah.
That is hilarious. Thanks for giving me another good example of a great waterbed story!
Post a Comment