Wednesday, December 09, 2009

For the record

I am getting ready to print out my blog and wanted to get a few things down, so for the next few days there will be a lot of random stuff--and lots of writing. Feel free to skip it and catch up with us later on. :)

Owen's favorite songs right now are "Honey Honey" and "Lay all Your Love on Me" from the Mama Mia musical. He requests them at night when I put him to bed (replacing my nice lullabies) in the car, whenever I'm at the computer and will randomly break out in song throughout the day. It is so cute and so funny. He definitely has some serious musical opinions already, often requesting certain songs to be played again and again and letting me know other songs are not worth his time.

Owen also has truly pulled at my heartstrings a lot the past couple months with his extreme politeness! This little boy cannot let someone fall with out asking in his sweet little voice "you ok?" or my favorite to his sister "you ok Yucy?" If he bumps you he immediately says "sorry." If someone around him burps or otherwise :) he says "excuse you." When we were trick or treating this year he even learned "thank you..........so much." There are many pleases through out each day and hundreds of "thank you's." It is SO sweet. He thanks me for EVERYTHING. I will finish wiping his messy face (which he hates) and then with tears in his eyes will say "Thank you mommy" I will DO ANYTHING for that boy. It is amazing that he is expressing appreciation even for things he doesn't like. It brings up feelings in me that I can't explain and I am really happy to serve and care for him. He is teaching me to suck it up myself and say Thank you even to the things I don't like.

My dad is so sweet to me and when I go home for a visit I get SO spoiled...just wanted it recorded, this was my fathers day letter to him this year.

Hey Dad,

As promised here is the list I wanted to send you this fathers day but it was stored away here in New York. This is all in a typical Utah day :)

Everything you did for us (at least most everything....I could have missed a bit)
• help spoonfeed Owen--trying to sooth him at breakfast
• got Lucy vitamins.....then water (I'm sure she never said please)
• took Lucy to get the paper
• watched Lucy so I could have a nap
• asked us what we needed for lunch--and you would have made it but I offered
• took Owen outside while I was loading up the car
• scraped snow off our car
• strapped Owen into his car seat when we were leaving
• asked if we would be home for dinner--what you could get us---I said don't worry about it we'll be back late
• when we got back Owen had fallen asleep and Lucy was sick and wanted to be held. So you made Lucy macaroni, got her water
• then Owen woke up so you got Owen out of his car seat and fed him macaroni while I fed Lucy
• got Owen water
• got me milk and poured for me when you saw I was trying to do it all while holding Owen
• disinfected the humidifier for me when you overheard me tell Lucy I would get that for her
• brought me a thermometer
• filled and positioned the humidifier
• washed the sheets for the bed I was sleeping on and when you saw I was putting them on rushed to help me--then finished alone because Lucy cried out

Were you tired after all of that?? I love you. I appreciate you. I don't think I could visit Utah with out you! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

love,
Mel

1 comment:

Gigi's Thimble said...

OK Sorry I keep commenting, but that was really sweet what you said about Owen (and the things you said to your dad - he's amazing but I really just love how sweet and polite Owen is!) I'm amazed. I am constantly getting after my kids to use their manners and show compassion and all of that, but they seem to get a kick out of my reaction so I think I may have to try something different. Thanks for sharing. That motivates me to help my kids with that kind of stuff - maybe in a more postive way!