Cast your Burden on the Lord
A few weeks before Easter I was involved in a Musical Presentation called "Come Unto Christ." I just wanted to remember that I'd been a part of it and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. In the weeks leading up to the presentation we had numerous rehearsals for the choir and a trio I was singing in. These rehearsals took place when I was the most sick during this pregnancy and it was always hard to get myself out the door--a sense of responsibility is the only thing that keeps me getting out during those times. Once I was there and surrounded by dear friends and the beautiful music I always felt uplifted and buoyed up and was glad I had gone.
There were a few weeks where in addition to feeling sick I was having great difficulty sleeping at night. Managing everything was starting to get hard. The song from our trio number was called "Cast Your Burden on The Lord." The lines in the song came to my mind and maybe for the first time in my life I felt truly willing to keep my challenges but let the Lord help me through them. I think usually even though I TRY to be willing to keep the challenge, if I am honest with myself I am half hoping the Lord will kind of just make it disappear.
This day was different. When the words in that song came to my mind it must have penetrated a little deeper because I knew the right thing was not to ask for help to sleep, but to ask for help to continue fulfilling my responsibility's to myself and family with the sleep I did get, and try to be patient with being sick for even more hours of the day. Then I had the impression that I should take note of every time I was able to accomplish something that would have normally been hard for me under the circumstance--like be patient with my two year old :)
Gospel truths are priceless to me. They lead me to the most treasured experiences in my life. I am grateful for the scriptures, the words of prophets, sacred hymns and wonderful people around me who live by them and show me a great example of the joy that comes as you try to do so.

7 comments:
Just as I suspected, you are amazing.
That's a lesson I should probably learn as well sometime. I've got to learn so dang many...
I love what you wrote here. It's amazing that you had the insight (and willingness) to ask for patience instead of relief. And then to be able to take note of how it actually worked, so you could appreciate the gift!! I so often forget to do that. What a great reminder for me, and just what I needed tonight.
Thank you!
I was very impressed with your being there at practice when you were so sick. Morning sickness is definitely one-of-a-kind. Blech.
I'm so glad you sang in that trio!! We are sure going to miss you here!
You are always amazing me. You're so thoughtful and in tune with the spirit. I look up to you so much!
That performance was awesome. I couldn't tell were had anything amiss at all.
J
Post a Comment