Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lucy's Ring and other pics

Lucy had her first trip to the dentist last month....and she LOVED it! Such a relief for a mom who grew up feeling like the dentist office was my home away from home--I was there way too often.

Chipped my front tooth twice (this made for some great 2nd grade pictures), had way too many cavities (weak enamel??), I used to swallow improperly causing my two front teeth to protrude (I had to practice swallowing right so my mom bought me juice boxes to relieve some of the embarrassment), retainers, braces, sealants, and who knows what else. I thank my parents for thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours for my smile as it is now. I could easily be walking around with discolored, protruding, crooked teeth.....Would we still be friends?


When it came time for Lucy to choose her prize I smiled when I saw the same packet of plastic jeweled rings that I got to choose from as a child. I remember how I looked forward to choosing a ring and thought they were such a treasure.

Lucy loves her ring! She called everyone on her regular phone call list and told them about the dentist--but mostly about her ring. In fact she loves it so much that it accompanies her everywhere and she loses it at least once, sometimes twice every day. We always find it. One day we won't and it's not the kind of ring that can be replaced by the same plastic rings found at the dollar store. It has to be earned as a prize to be that special.



Lucy waiting to get her ear tubes put in. She told me when we got back home. "See Mom I told you that was not going to be ANY fun at all."

Well we did both of us get to be wheeled on a hospital bed by a VERY friendly doctor, I thought that was pretty fun.




The LONG anticipated bus ride to Stewart Park
and Preschool Certificate presentation




Our May event didn't get rained out....but we got freezed out! The kids were brave to eat those ice pops in 30 degree weather.


Fun with grandma's special play do recipe


Tulips from the Farmers Market--my favorite Sat. morning stop



3 comments:

The Harker's said...

I would still be friends with you if you had wierd misshappen teeth, which you don't.:) I'm glad Lucy survived her month of doctors. Poor thing. We, of course, miss you guys. I think it will shock me a little in August to get back to Ithaca with no Johnson's in it. Gear up, we'll be coming to visit wherever you find a place.:)

Jake said...

I'd still be friends with you,too--I've had my own teeth troubles. I'm glad Lucy's visit was a success! Sweet Lucy, Jack will miss her a lot! I love Owen's glasses by the way. B

Jeremy said...

Totally cute kiddos! That ring is special. Wait until she gets one from a SPECIAL kind of guy. Sigh. They grow up so fast.